The Percentages Are In Your Favor – Reuse with Benefits
In our effort to enlighten and delight, we have a few important numbers and statistics to share. These will make you think twice about the value of reuse and we think you will be pleased and surprised. Not only are these numbers impressive (or good cocktail conversation points), they reinforce the value that you are creating and enjoying by participating in the ReuseMovement. Together, we are making a difference and you are part of the solution. Reuse has benefits for you, the planet and your pocket.
Here are the numbers:
- 26 Billion Pounds of Clothing, Shoes and Accessories are discarded each year in the US, the equivalent of over 80lbs. per person. Biggest number in the world.
- Only 15% gets recycled, even though over 90% of this stuff can be recycled or reused.
- Over 50% of surveyed Americans say that they are likely to reuse if they knew that each year more than a half trillion gallons water are used in dyeing textiles and that 70 million barrels of oil are used to produce polyester.
- Reuse is the highest and best use of clothing, shoes and accessories and is more effective at reducing green house gas emissions than recycling plastic and glass combined.
- Over 70% of the world depends on preloved clothing, shoes and accessories
- The reuse industry employs over 100,000 jobs and over $1 Billion in wages in the US alone.
- BUYING PRELOVED CLOTHING, SHOES AND ACCESSORIES WILL PROVIDE YOU 50-75% OFF RETAIL PRICING.
Embrace the ReuseMovement today. Simple choices make a big difference for you and your community. Plus, you will look good, do good and feel good.